Warranty Policy Document
LaserPerformance Limited Warranty
LaserPerformance warrants to the original consumer purchaser of a new and unused sailboat hull manufactured by, or for LaserPerformance to be free from any manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship when used under normal conditions during the 12 months following the original purchase. Consumer purchasers may extend this warranty an additional 12 months by registering their purchase directly with LaserPerformance on our website, Laserperformance United*. Registration does not affect your statutory rights.
If any product is used for commercial purposes, including use as a charter boat or for commercial leasing purposes, the warranty shall expire ninety (90) days from date of purchase.
LaserPerformance’ obligations under this Limited Warranty are limited to supplying the part or parts and labor for the repair, or replacement of any part or parts that are found to be defective. This Limited Warranty does not cover the cost or expense of transporting the hull to and from LaserPerformance or an authorized dealer. Any shipping charges or freight charges incurred under this Limited Warranty shall be the responsibility of the boat owner. All warranty work must be performed by LaserPerformance or one of its authorized representatives.
Limited Warranty claims submitted by owners domiciled in territories without local LaserPerformance representation may be required to deliver the hulls to the nearest authorized location at their expense. All warranty repairs are subject to prior authorization by LaserPerformance, and all decisions regarding warranty claims are the sole responsibility of LaserPerformance.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER, AND IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE, ANY LIABILITY ON THE PART OF LASERPERFORMANCE WHETHER UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR UNDER ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH HEREOF OR THEREOF.
THE WARRANTY CLAIMS WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Normal wear and tear during use (example: any form of scratches, breaks or dents in hulls or parts that stem from use or handling of the boat). Please refer to the product instruction manual for guidance on how to maintain your sailboat.
- Improper assembly.
- Improper follow-up maintenance.
- Damages caused by installation of non Laserperformance components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the product as sold.
- Damage or failure due to accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage due to environmental conditions, such as storms and water pollution.
- Modification or alteration of product in any way.
- Products purchased from an unauthorized dealer or source.
- Repairs carried out by an unauthorized third party.
- Any product other than Laserperformance sailboats and authorized parts and accessories.
- Use of product for commercial purpose, such as a charter boat or leasing programs, for more than 90 days from the date of purchase.
This warranty, together with any and all warranties implied by law, shall be limited to maximum duration of 24 months from the date of purchase by the original consumer purchaser of the sailboat, and is non-transferable.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN ADDITION TO AND DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
LaserPerformance makes no warranty in respect to parts and accessories not of our manufacture, specifically excluding thereby, sails. However, certain manufacturers of such parts, including sails, and accessories do provide warranty coverage. Inquiries concerning defects in parts and accessories not of our manufacture should be forwarded to the original manufacturer. or LaserPerformance at the address below.
You may secure performance of warranty obligations hereunder by:
- Completing a warranty claim form available at laserperformance.com If there is further information required to complete your claim, a Customer Service Representative will contact you. Once the claim form is complete, you will receive a reply in seven working days.
- Contacting an authorized LaserPerformance dealer for an appointment to have the dealer examine your boat or part within sixty (60) days of discovery.
- Present “Proof of Purchase” (Dealer Invoice or LaserPerformance Original Invoice) or User Group Warranty Registration, with the Hull Identification Number and personal identification to the authorized LaserPerformance dealer to validate the Warranty Period.
- Upon request, delivering your boat to an authorized LaserPerformance dealer for an examination.
- The dealer is obligated to follow whatever course is appropriate at the direction of LaserPerformance. LP Customer Care will provide an answer to the dealer within seven working days.
- Upon completion of warranty obligations the dealer will notify you of when your boat is ready to be picked up.
*Become a member of LaserPerformance United to extend your Limited Warranty by a year. LPU members will have exclusive access to instructive features, community activities, forums product information, product promotions and sales specials sponsored by LaserPerformance. Sign up here.